The East Wind Challenge - Ode to Nature

Hello everyone!  It's time for a new challenge over at The East Wind and this time around it's about Ode to nature!  So you have to do something that is related to nature.  Pretty easy if you ask me!

Now for my make I decided to make a little postcard!  I've been trying to upcycle stuff!  And I found this super cute image Petit Unky with her petit cat

I used a new technique to make this postcard after watching this video:
So the technique called for oil pastels that you cover with 2 layers of black paint to which you have added some dishsoap.  Then you just scratch lightly the surface to uncover a design.  I wanted to make a rainbow on my postcard because with the image it made sense!  And I really wanted to send a rainbow to the person that I'm sending this too :)

I colored the image with my copics.  The sentiment is from Create with TLC and it was edged with some prima chalk.

 It's one of those prepaid postcard from magazines.... so I hope that I can use the stamp to just mail out just this way... trying to upcycle stuff.... :)  The sentiment on the back of it is from dylusions.

I'm entering this little postcard in the following challenges:

  1. Sunday post card art - In the country - figured this little scene would fit and it's my very 1st time making a postcard of this type!
  2. Crafty gals corner challenges - The great outdoors
  3. Inky impressions challenges - Something is in the air - clouds and rain :) as well as rainbow
That's it for this post!  But there's loads more to come so please do come back.

Hugs


Comments

  1. Wonderful- love your sentiment too. Thank you for playing along at Crafty Girls Corner.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10