RSD inspiration post with darker version beware!

Hello everyone!  I have a special post today for you I wasn't supposed to post today... but yesterday I finally finished my altered piece of furniture a Jewelry box that's fairly big and was perfect for my craft room....   Perfect except for the colors lol So what's special about this post?!?  Well I'm taking over on the Airless Chamber as well as the Sparkle and Glitter blogs to post part of this piece because I used a nice side and a not so nice side with the passage of time as my inspiration.

 So here are the before and the after painting of the furniture piece. You can see that it wasn't really much of a reflection of me the before....

That distressing was a new technique for me... I wanted a crackled finish and used some glue to make it.  What I didn't realize at the time is that when the piece is standing up it makes a huge puddle of goo at the end.... so the front drawers came out better than the side....
 But I wasn't discouraged I reapplied some paint in pale lavender and used some Deco Weathered wood for the crackle it came out nice but was too light.... so I used some watered down black acrylic paint on top to make it darker.

For the nice side I used the great and super elegant February Violet.  I made her with some vibrant colors because I wanted her to be very ALIVE.  The letters that I used are from EK stickers.

 I wanted something that would remind people of the  February Violet which is on the nice side so I used Zombie Hat lady for the other side I made her with similar colors but in a more faded tone since she's very much DEAD.

After doing this I realized that I should have put the time higher up.... but it was already done oh well lesson learned.
 I used initially the great Zombie face on the middle drawer but after sharing the pictures with Rick he came out with a fab new design for me!!!!  YAY I'm sure that it will be in the store if you ask :)  And it's called Time Flies.  It was the perfect digi for the in between.

Here's the initial version for the front.  I thought it looked pretty awesome as well  I had changed the knobs with some that I found at the dollar store.  I also put some little metal embellishments that I covered with silver because they were initially bronze.
But I'm loving the next version a lot more!  What do you think?!?

I'm really loving how this piece came up!  Very different from my usual makes.  Took me a long time and that's hard for someone with no patience lol

I'm entering this little altered piece furniture in the following challenges:

  1. Left of center challenges - And I'm going LOC
  2. Dream in darkness - Anything goes dark
  3. Doodleartifacts - Recycle, repurpose, reinvent
  4. Sandee-and-amelie - The ravages of time
  5. Rhedd screative spirit - Mixed media
  6. Altered eclectics - Mixed media
That's it for me for today!  Hope you have like this new make for me!  Glad I can now use it to store things lol

Hugs

Comments

  1. The one with the skull looks super cool!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo Vicky so much improved over the original! Love all your images, so awesome! Thanks for playing at Dream in Darkness!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great alteration and such a good theme too.
    Well done you too for having the patience, if you are anything like me I want to get a project done there and then,,,hate having to wait,lol...
    Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Vicky! And how wonderful to have an image made just for you!! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back again Vicky! Still fab and awesome! LOL ~Thanks for playing with us at Dream in Darkness this month! ~Nanette, CT

    ReplyDelete
  6. so so dark just my kinda project - love it. Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back with my Altered Eclectic hat on...
    This is such a great alteration...and a great entry for our challenge ..x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant alteration with a dark and spooky theme. What frightening secrets lurk in those drawers now! Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome project, makes me look at things and think .. what if I ... Love that you used such a different images, all gorgeous. Thank you for playing Dream in Darkness second challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're not going to be too scared opening that middle drawer are you? Or is that where you will keep all your rotted teeth, skull beads etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like night and day Vicky - Wow.... so fun to see the fun change. Your patience will be rewarded with the enjoyment you will get now when you use this wonderful creation! Thanks bunches for joining the June Challenge at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. j

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vicky, Oh what a spooky transformation, I love the end results,and also enjoyed reading how you did it. I have been thinking of trying the glue crackle effect and your piece makes me want to try it even more. Thank you for sharing this wonderfully creepy piece with us on Recycle, Re--Purpose & Re-Invent and hope you will continue to come and share your wonderful work with us.

    :) Chris / CS Designs

    Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent Monthly Challenge
    Doodle Pieces Original Art by Chris Stern
    CS Designs - Original Digital Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's quite a change!! It looks great. I'm curious to know what's inside, bones, bat wings, all manner of interesting things. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!!

Popular posts from this blog

WooooW Celebration in order!!! it's 500 followers - 16 prizes!!!!! And a prolongation to the giveaway

400 followers giveaway

Jackson's Digital Expression - Challenge #10